twin towers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Sharalyn !

        Happy Birthday Sharalyn! A few days ago I saw an orange horse. It all came together for me at this moment... I had been thinking a lot in the days leading up to this and really couldn't put a finger on what my feelings were. We had passed through so many towns and met so many people... and, this horse did it for me. It didn't take me long to figure out that the horse was orange because it had been rolling around in the orange mud of Oklahoma for quite some time. After time, we become what we roll around in. I had many thoughts of decisions I'd made growing up... I thought of so many people, living in so many different places... I remembered getting in trouble because of the people I surrounded myself with at that time.... naturally, I had thoughts of being raised a Mormon and deciding to be a part of it and it's family... Ultimately, I realized that we / I have decisions to make. Maybe it's about where we roll around. That horse will always be a horse, but... it's hair will certainly tell you where it's been and what it's been rolling around in.
        We've had so many highlights in the last few weeks. Seeing my family in Oklahoma was a big one. I will be forever in debt to them for their sacrifices. I'm not afraid to say that my family means everything to me. At times, I really don't care about too much more. For me, life is simple this way.
        Happy Birthday Sharalyn! I hope that your ride was everything you hoped it to be. I pray you remember some of the sights and sounds that day. I officially won't make it to your party. Happy Birthday! Thank you for the special spread. I cannot eat enough of it. It honestly makes me so happy and reminds me of Your day of riding.
        I wish I had so much more time to write..... I will never be able to write enough about my mom. I always feel like I'm cheating when she's around. If you don't know her.... you should. She makes everyone happy.
       
      

1 comment: